14 Ways To Prevent Blockages In Your Drainage System
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. Not only is this annoying, but it can also pose health hazards and even lead to greater inconveniences like air pollution, leakage, and flooding. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
Blocked drains are often the result of the slow build - up of small objects, dirt, and grease. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
Check Out These Fourteen Tips To Help Keep Your Drain Maintenance In Check
1. Minor clogs can be fixed with just a plunger.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. To Trap Hair That Falls Off While Bathing Or Washing, Place A Mesh Barrier On Your Sink And Bath Plugs To Trap The Hair. The same way you do no not allow food fall into the kitchen sink is the same way you should prevent hair from going into your pipes.
4. You should comb your hair before taking a bath to get rid of loose hair and avoid hair clumps in your bath drain.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Don't grow trees or large plants near your drainage system, or pipes may become clogged due to root intrusion.
7. Go into a yearly contract with a drainage company, so that, even without calling on them, you can benefit from occasional inspections and servicing of your drainage system. Drainage Rutland offers this kind of contract to people in and around Rutland. Let your household members know the benefits of maintaining your home's drainage system. They should play an active role in contributing to its maintenance.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. They are corrosive and will damage your pipes overtime.
9. You Drain Isn't For Any Kind Of Rubbish. Use dustbins for that.
10. To ensure the best health for your drains, never put the following objects down them grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics and so on.
11. The only thing that belongs in your drain is water and for your toilet; urine and faeces.
12. Periodically, Do Some Easy Cleaning Of Your Own Using A Hooked Coat Hanger To Fish For Loose Material In Your Drains That Could Cause Future Blocking.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. Make sure you don't use acidic chemicals
If you currently have drainage problem's in your home and nothing on the list has worked so far, don't force it, otherwise you could worsen the situation. Instead, you should get in touch with a plumber. The specialists at Drainage Rutland are your best option if you live in or around Rutland.